Monday, November 12, 2012

Random writing

When I went to Ayer Rajah Food Centre his morning, I was surprised to see it open; the banner stated that it would be closed from 1 - 15 November. Upon re-reading the banner, I realised it was the market that was closed, not the food centre. What a blunder! What carelessness! And thus I had subjected myself to the inferior food at West Coast Market for the past two weeks. How silly! Anyway, I ordered a kopi-c and a vegetarian prawn noodle. When it came, I slurped down my noodles voraciously. A bit spicy, and I realised, to my dismay, I had not brought my tissue paper. More carelessness. Thirty cents unnecessarily spent.

My feeble attempt at writing local poetry:

Lallang lallang
Layang layang
Sayang sayang

...whatever it means. Grass grass kite kite love love?

(Friend adds a touch of Zen humour with 'wayang wayang'.)

Two weeks to a month have passed since my attempt at 'serious' writing. It is about myself and my family. The story (if I may use the word) is somewhat particular and peculiar, nothing quintessential or archetypal at all. It is not representative of a typical Singaporean or Singaporean family...

I hate Chinese ink; I can never get it right! The Forbidden City -- it is supposed to be Halloween and haunting and all, but it looks more horrid than horrifying. Rushed work, lacklustre attempt. Exploring medium, process etc.

Inadequacy. Incompetency.

No comments:

Post a Comment